If you plan to practically live at the beach, then your beach bag needs to be pretty much fully stocked 24-7. Besides the pre-requisite towel, music/reading material, there are a few essentials that I always need to have on hand. Here’s a quick round-up of what’s living in my beach bag.
1. You better believe that a few spritzs of Evian Mineral Spray on an incredibly hot day feels like heaven to your skin.
2. We would all like to think that we look like a mermaid rising out of the water but let’s keep it real, tangles are inevitable, so a wide tooth comb is necessary to avoid breakage.
3. I’ve learnt the hard way how harsh the salty ocean can be to hair. A leave-in conditioner applied every time you come out of the water will prevent any future hazards. Use with that wide-tooth comb to distribute evenly.
4. My favorite pair of sunglasses.
5. Most times I have a sun hat but sometimes a little red bandana is the perfect life saver for beach hair that isn’t co-operating. Plus, it’s great to wipe away sweat.
6. Just because you’re at the beach doesn’t mean that your eyelashes shouldn’t look amazing. Waterproof mascara to the rescue. Also, a lip stain keeps everything looking natural. I want to look like a summer beach babe not a harlot on the town.
7. I’m a little neurotic about sunscreen so Aveeno is perfect for the face and initial body application and the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Mist is great for touch-ups throughout the day.
8. Bobby pins and hair ties. are. necessities. Never leave home without one of the other. If I do, you can be sure that’s the day my hair will look like a bird’s nest – which is never a good look.
At any given time, I can rotate other items in and out but these are the basics that are going to see me through beach season.
What are some of your beach bag necessities?
Please keep in mind that comments are moderated and
rel="nofollow" is in use. So, please do not use a spammy keyword or a domain as your name, or it will be deleted. Let us have a personal and meaningful conversation instead.